I had the honor and joy of being interviewed by Stuart Fensterheim, Couples Expert in Scottsdale, Arizona about couples and anxiety. Listen and learn simple ways to have a loving caring relationship when one spouse may be struggling with an anxiety disorder. With openness and vulnerability I share both my personal and professional expertise on creating intimate connections when anxiety is present in your relationship.
The anxious spouse A Journey of Connecting
STUART B FENSTERHEIM couples counselor, relationship expert, author, and blogger
Click the black box above to listen!
In this podcast you will learn ...
• How to identify our own super powers as a means of being vulnerable with your partner.
• See the importance of sharing how painful the anxiety disorder is and how powerful it is to share your experience with your partner.
• How the non-anxious partner's anticipatory anxiety of their partners anxiety becomes part of the problem.
• Tips to help couples having a vulnerable dialogue about what each of you needs from each other.
• Exactly how creating connections is about intimacy within your relationship.
• The real dilemma when an anxiety disorder is a part of your relationship and how to maintain strong connection.
• Changes that occur in relationships when anxiety is more of a noose than a cape.
• What anxiety REALLY feels like and how it's experienced.
• How to identify and meet your partner's needs in order to feel loved and supported.
• How to look at the partners anxiety disorder as a strong message to use your support system.
• HOW TO MAKE ANXIETY YOUR RELATIONSHIP'S CAPE RATHER THAN ITS NOOSE.