The Thanksgiving holiday when you're struggling to give thanks ... can feel exhausting.
If you’re struggling to give thanks this year, I want you to know that you're not alone.
I invite you to take a moment to slow down + reflect here with me, right now ...
Can you think of one thing you've totally KICKED ASS at already this year?
Can you recall a moment when you felt deeply connected to your spouse, even just once this year and feel the warmth in your heart?
Is there space to see how your recent loss of a relationship has created space for you to reinvent yourself, show your kids that you can be happy, or just sleep a little better at night knowing you're doing the right thing?
Here are just a 10 ways to RECEIVE a little thanks, if giving it feels exhausting or inauthentic this time of year:
1. Breathe. Sit down + take 3 deep breaths. Say "I breathe in love + light" on every inhale, and "I breathe out stress + sorrow" on each exhale. Repeat as needed + watch the stress, struggle + heartache melt away. Eventually.
2. Smell + Soothe. Find your favorite smelling candle + light it. Let the smell twirl through your nostrils + let the memories swim through you mind. Smile.
3. Send Love. Shoot 4 text messages to people who always have your back. "Just want you to know that I cherish your friendship. I love that you're in my life. Thanks for being you."
4. Pour yourself a cozy beverage. Hot tea, cold brew, Irish Coffee ... whatever warms you from the inside, take 10 minutes to sip + savor this liquid love.
5. Stand up + move. I don't care if it's 10 jumping jacks, a downward dog or a simple walk to the wine fridge. Move for 30 seconds. Feel the energy flow.
6. Put on some tunes. Crank the Christmas music. Jam out to your fave gospel songs. Move to some blues. Whatever your jam is, rock it. (literally)
7. Cozy up. Grab your softest blanket, throw on your trusty Northface sweatshirt, or get your feet hoodies (warm socks) on and just feel cozy. Warmth is healing.
8. Get pampered. Book a massage, mani/pedi, or just invite a few friends over for an at-home-pampering-session. You deserve to feel as beautiful as you look.
9. Write yourself a love letter. Write out what friends, family members, co-workers, + strangers have told you they love about you. Seal it. Open it New Year's Eve, as a lovely reminder of how awesome you are.
10. Hug. I don't care if you grab the dog, your kid, a neighbor or your spouse that's been giving you the cold shoulder... hold out your arms. Daily hugs are necessary.
And if hugs are something you can get from others right now, stop reading this + wrap your arms around yourself. Seriously. Just do it. It feels amazing. I have been doing this a lot lately. Self hugs are still hugs.
So remember, if giving thanks is a struggle this year, you're not alone.
Hang in there.
And do these 10 things to receive a little love + gratitude for just being you.
The world needs you. Just as you are.
And if you're ready to give the world an even better, healthier + happier version of yourself and you'd like a little help getting there, sign up below for a consultation call with me.
Let's talk about how I can support you in moving through the holidays, preparing for a pretty amazing 2019.